Tuesday, July 26, 2005

the new Annie Oakley

Today we got our oil changed. Well I should say that we got Miles' oil changed. Yes, I think we have named the car Miles. I wasn't sure at first, but it is growing on me... and it sure fits considering the trip he is taking us on! Miles of Smiles.

Then we headed to the Gainesville Target Range where we met Ray who was our ticket in as guests. Bryan's grandpa is a member here and had a few guns for us to try. I got to go first. We all put in our earplugs and put headphones over our ears. Then announced that the range was "hot" and I got to shoot my first five bullets EVER... I was kinda nervous because I had no idea what to expect, but wouldn't you know it - I hit two right on the bullseye and the other three were pretty close! I kicked ass. Bryan's grandparents even offered to frame the target - COOL! The gun I used was a .22 caliber and had a very handy red light that you used for aiming.

I got to try a .45 next - again I was nervous because .45 sounded a lot more intense than .22 - and it does have a kick! The other gun I tried was a .9 caliber. I did great with all of them, even without the handy red light, though it does take a bit of effort to keep your arm steady. I could hit the people-shaped targets pretty consistently, with a nice PING sound each time. Then I tried to hit the round ones that flip down when you get them, those PING and flip! Very gratifying... my first try was 3 out of 5. Not too bad :) So, they all seemed to be a bit impressed and gave me a new nickname, Oakley, and teased Bryan that he better behave. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home