Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Independence Day

Made the mistake of having a Café Mocha from the local C-store! Yikes, those things must have had a lot of caffeine in it, because I felt shaky and off kilter all day. Regardless, we started off the day’s events with the Great Mini Golf Tournament. I was in the first game with Paddy, Paddy’s mom, Judy, and JT’s dad, Ed. Ed came in first. It was done to the last few holes, Paddy and I were neck-n-neck. It was a close game, but I put some oogady boogady spell on him, and BLAMO – I took second with just two strokes! Sweet! So, I made it to the finals – Yahoo! Bryan played after me, and sadly did not make it to the finals, 13 strokes on one hole and he was a goner.

The rest of the day, we lounged about and I watched the Wave Runners some more, feeling crappy from all the caffeine and bad candy. But finally I got myself on the red Wave Runner with Bryan in front to show me how it works. Within 20 seconds – SPLAT – we both go into the water! Yup, he tipped the untippable! And it wasn’t so bad! So, I dropped him off on the shore and took it for a spin on my own. And low and behold – IT KICKS BUTT! It was so much fun to speed around and spin around! It cured me of my ails! Then I wanted to try the green one, the more tippy one, the Faster one, but that would have to wait until tomorrow. We also took a group photo today, of like 20 people, all wearing various 4th of July hats and headbands!

Bryan and I made Tiles that will decorate the Sitty Club! I painted the “Loop Trial” and Bryan made one with his lucky number 13, as well as Padre! Throughout the weekend, Bryan wore a red, white and blue serape with a big brimmed hat, and not to mention he has been sporting a silly mustache! He said Grace one night and was asked to offer his advice on many accounts.

Tonight we sat around the fire and on the docks (Bryan and Paddy went out on the boat – much to Paddy’s future dismay) to watch the 4th Fireworks! There were fireworks Everywhere around the lake! The Hennessey’s were the next door neighbors and they had quite the display. Ed brought out fancy red, white, and blue glow sticks and blinking light pins for us all. We got out some sparklers and the boys sent off bottle rockets. Once the fireworks were over, Paddy and Bryan headed back into shore, only to be ambushed by JT and Chad’s water balloons – water balloons of STEEL that is. Yes, either JT or Chad (they are both sharing the victory for this one) sent one balloon directly too Paddy’s special place. BLAMMO! Paddy was pretty much gone for an hour after that. Poor poor Paddy. It sure did make for a good 20-30 minutes of pun making however… and now Paddy will be known as “Pegnuts Paddy”.

I tried my skills with spinning the glow sticks and then we went inside for another game of Apples to Apples – which I won! Every time someone wins something, they get to unwrap a prize from the prize box! I got catchable bubbles! Some of us still hadn’t had enough playing yet, so Bryan, JT, and I went to plat “Rich Uncle” – the predecessor board game to Monopoly. Mark sat in as Rich Uncle Pennybags and I managed to win my second game of the weekend! Woohoo.

Quote of the Day: “Bryan, I need you to take over.” Paddy, just after the water balloon attack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home