Thursday, July 14, 2005

St. Louis

We arrived in St. Louis in time to celebrate Bryan's grandmother's birthday. And since the dinner of spaghetti and dessert of chocolate flake cake, this has been an exercise in how much food one can consume in the shortest period of time. Beginning this morning with bagels, the best mocha latte I have ever had, to St. Louis style flat crust pizza, toasted ravioli, mozzeralla sticks, fried mushrooms, then to a huge Fireman's Chief sundae at Crowne Candy (but we all know ice cream just slides on in to your tummy regardless of what else is already in there. There is always room for ice cream!) ... but my BLT is still waiting for me in the fridge. I think it will have to wait until tomorrow! We have also been able to take a break and clean the car, which I think is taking a big sigh of relief from the huge load it has been hauling for the past 13 days!
We have also been blessed by being in the presence of the little bundle of energy named Maya, Bryan's 3 1/2 year old niece. She is awesome!
Quote of the day: "Do not laugh too much or too loud in public." 24th Rule from George Washington's book Rules of Civility and Decent Behavior, which I purchased in the Mt. Rushmore gift store. I think that if George were ever in the presence of Maya, he would second guess this Rule!

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger tracy said...

Hay there Jenn I was just in Illinois last week!! I came back to visit my hometown Peoria. I am guessing you took I-55 to St. Louis, and by-passed it........it would have been cool if we passed each other on the way. I flew into St. Louis last Tuesday and left on Saturday!
Here is my blog with info. We MISS YOU in the hiking Group. Peace. Tracy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home